Friday 20 April 2018

Love is more afraid of change than destruction


Love is more afraid of change than destruction I once believed
It is a right notion I can now firmly say I perceived
Time and again I have committed the folly of laying myself bare to ruin and carnage
Believing I can be happy
That I too can find love in this lifetime, be finally set free from this cage
Forged out of loneliness, yet full of allure to those who watch from outside
For they know not of my hope to be rescued
Seeing only the smiles but not the tears that I oh so well hide
And while silently moping in my invisible cage, after eons I chanced upon a shinning star
I wished upon it to illuminate my murky days
Not knowing it is not here to stay, but to just tease me from afar
I only saw how it brightened up my skies, filling me with hope
Oblivious that darkness was to descend upon me, robbing me of my ability to cope
I found myself reaching for the warmth, believing, that I was no longer alone
Walking along the lit up path towards the end of which my star shone
But the nearer I reached, it appeared to have drifted a bit far
Until I realized it was naught, but a shooting star
It only intended to leave me behind, for that's what shooting stars do
They are illusions of a forever that never come true
And I learned the hard way again, as I cried out in insurmountable pain, that
Cruel are they who make the ones trapped in cages dream
What joy do they get, out of hurting an already miserable being?
And so, I have come to hate the word love, for it never gives in to my open arms
It willingly destroys itself, refusing to morph with me, yet causing unspeakable harm
Why should I choose love? For love never deigns to choose me
Why should I care for anything, if years filled with solitude is how it is meant to be?
It is wise to not get attached to anything, for cutting ties leaves me bloody and broken
Every time, I pick up glass shards for jewels, tearing my palms open
I can't even count the scars that have carved themselves upon my heart
They gush open once I try to heal myself, mocking me as I fall apart
And I counsel myself, that I am never to find, that elusive sense of togetherness that I see all around
For I can't even be with the ones I love, all along chased by time, the ever-hungry hound
I just wish this agony of an existence would be over if all I deserve is a sad end
For I am tired of fighting destiny on every path that I have taken, at every bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment